Thursday, April 17, 2014

Advanced Photography

Hey, what's up? Not much with me. Just starting a new class and such. Advanced photography is the name, and it's going to kick my ass. Well, not unless I stay on top of things. I feel like there's a sexual innuendo in there somewhere but I don't feel motivated enough to find it.

So, I learned a few new features of Photoshop today and then made a garish looking collage. There wasn't a ton of expertise that went behind this one, mostly just messing around. That's how I feel about most of the stuff I make, though, so it's OK. In my music making, I've only recently felt like I actually know what I'm doing. But does anyone really know? Yes, actually, plenty of people know what they're doing. It'll just take a while for me to get there, too. And when I do... I'll cry in real life.

So, my one project for this class will be to create an installation piece with video. This is going to prepare me for my capstone project next year. It's going to be intense. So far, I want to make it an interactive installation piece involving music, sculpture, photography, drawing, lights, and a ton of other stuff. Another term people use for this kind of show is "rave" and it's pretty fitting. I'm going to hold an art rave and explore various parts of rave culture as well as what separates professionals from amateurs. Amateur is used as such a negative word but it's original meaning was somewhere around "lover of the art". These are pretty vague ideas at this point, and I'm excited to see exactly where they'll lead me.

Anyway, here's the photo I put together in class today. Maybe it's not so bad after all...


I think, as far as preparing myself for an art rave goes, this is a pretty good aesthetic. It could be a bit more vibrant but, otherwise, it's pretty good.

See you next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment