Sunday, March 23, 2014

More About Me (Art Vision)

I'm going to talk about myself for a while. Is that OK? Cool. I swear I won't get too narcissistic. I’m going to 250 words or more of your day to tell you about who I am as an artist. It’ll be an interesting experience for me and you. Probably more for me than you but that’s OK. Maybe my writing will be interesting enough to make up for the lack of subject material.

My art vision changes from year to year and depends on the kind of stimulus I expose to myself on a daily basis. The kind of music I listen to, the food I eat, the clothes I wear, the people I spend time with are all things that can change my art. Lately I've been playing a lot of video games, so my art has been focused on pixel art and chip tunes. As I've been taking Intermedia, though, I've been looking for ways to incorporate my video game soaked ideas to get along with Futurism , Dadaism, Fluxus, and others.

I don’t confine myself to one medium. This means that sometimes I’ll spend months mixing music and then, out of nowhere, stop and start drawing for months. Sometimes I work on multiple mediums at once but never as separate projects. If I’m writing and drawing at the same time I’m probably making a picture book. Video projects, for me, are a way to incorporate every artistic medium I like working with. I write the script, design the visual aesthetic, mix the music, and sometimes act a part. The reason I don’t do it often is because of the work load it presents.


And that’s where I am right now. I know I only talked about the mediums I work with and not my artistic style but I’m not 100% sure what my style is. I’m sorry. It’ll become clearer to me as I make more stuff but, for now, it’s not the most important thing for me to know. For now, there is only me and you and the stuff I make to bridge the gap between us. Hopefully it will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment