Monday, March 24, 2014

3 Sound Environments

For an assignment I had to sit in 3 different locations for 15 to 20 minutes and record the sounds I heard. These are the aural events I witnessed within those 3 durations. 

Environment 1 (My Room/ 4:30)

1) Someone playing music a floor up
2) My laptop running
3) The wind outside
4) My watch ticking
5) Things in my roommates’ closets shifting
6) A fan in the kitchen humming
7) The door opening and closing as my roommates come and go
8) Someone moving stuff upstairs
9) A toilet flushes occasionally upstairs
10) People’s footsteps as they walk by

Environment 2 (The cafeteria/ 5:30)

1) People talking
2) Forks and spoons clacking
3) Footsteps
4) The soda machine working
5) Chairs sliding as people get up
6) Plates getting set down
7) A fan running
8) Pages turning as someone next to me reads a book
9) Clothes rustling
10) Food cooking

Environment 3 (Middle of Tri-Hall/ 3:00)
1) A squirrel eating
2) The wind moving
3) Leaves rustling
4) Trees bristling
5) Birds chirping
6) People playing a catch
7) People talking as they walk by
8) My clothes moving in the wind
9) Trains going by
10) Tarr’s front doors opening and closing

No comments:

Post a Comment